Union Square Events (640 West 28th Street NY, NY)
Union Square Events is seeking Receivers to join the team!
The Receiver is responsible for the daily receiving operations which includes the receiving of all deliveries, quality control and commissary storage organization within the guidelines of DOH and HACCP standards set for receiving and food storage. Other responsibilities include maintaining all receiving and waste logs.
Requirements and Skills:
- Strong Computer Skills (Office, Excel, and CaterXpert preferred)
- Language: English, Spanish (preferred)
- Experience: 1+ years of experience in receiving, working knowledge of food ingredients
- Certifications: NYC Food Handler's Certificate
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the kitchen, including food and beverage areas.
- Requires mobility, prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
Union Square Events (USE) is the catering and venue hospitality business from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG). Based in Manhattan's Hudson Yards, USE creates experiences to savor that are rooted in USHG's 30-year heritage of culinary excellence and Enlightened Hospitality. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, USE produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.