Union Square Hospitality Group is seeking a Floor Manager to join the team at Blue Smoke!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we’ve won 28 James Beard awards)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels – just to name a few…
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future- and you can take it with you when you leave
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your growth & development
- Access to Mentor Programs and Career Development advice to help you navigate your career options with us
What You Bring to the Table:
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
Ideally, You Also Have:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional management experience
- Advanced wine and beverage knowledge
- Service training and development experience
- An understanding of Department of Health Food Safety Standards
- Purveyor relationships
- Staff education
We are seeking an Front of House Manager to join our team!
Collaborating with the General Manager, Executive Chef, and Chef de Cuisine, Managers lead the team at Blue Smoke and manage all facets of the Front of House operations of the restaurant. Our managers help to build a better brand with the best management and staff by constantly improving our food and service with a focus on our partners and guests while providing unparalleled hospitality. This position requires flexibility and a wide range of hospitality, service and business acumen. Managers embody, inspire and teach skills that will elevate the core values of Union Square Hospitality Group.
- 4-5 Years FOH Full Service/Casual Dining experience
- Minimum 1-2 years prior management experience preferred
- Ability to identify opportunities throughout the operation, leading with solutions and proposals
- Superior organizational acumen, prioritizing time and tasks with optimum efficiency
- Full cycle project management: ability to plan, organize, direct and delegate, and follow through, holding team(s) accountable
- Superior communication skills (verbal/oral/listening)
- Proficiency with Restaurant Technologies and applications (Microsoft Office/POS/Avero)
- NYC DOHMH Food Protection Certificate holder
- Excellent Dining Room and Facilities Operations Knowledge
- Proficient in Restaurant Financial Knowledge (P&L /Budget/Food & Labor Costs)
- Understanding of HR Practices/Policies/Procedures Excellent Communication Skills (verbal/oral/listening)