Union Square Hospitality Group is seeking a Pastry Supervisor to join the team at Union Square Events!
We are looking for full-time Pastry Supervisor with a passion for desserts, a great attitude, exceptional work ethic and a desire to learn. The Pastry Supervisor will work closely with the Pastry Sous Chef to oversee production, cleanliness and organization. Ideal candidates must have a strong work ethic, able to lift 50 pounds and stand for 8+ hours. Reliability is key to the success of the team. He/she must have the ability to read and follow menus and recipes, complete basic mathematical calculations, and possess strong communication skills, and the ability to work within a team environment. We believe in promoting within our own company so there's a great potential for growth.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
Requirements and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years experience working in NYC restaurants
- Fine dining experience
- Large-scale production experience
- Viennoiserie and yeasted doughs
- Ice cream production
- Pastry production
- Comfort in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Understanding of professional baking, pastry, and knife handling skills
- Desire to learn multiple facets of the vast realm of baking and pastry arts
- Knowledge and understanding of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Good communication skills; ability to understand and follow written and verbal instruction and directions
- Strong attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a team atmosphere with the ability to be comfortable taking initiative when working alone
- Manage self calmly and effectively under pressure
Union Square Events (USE) is the catering and venue hospitality business from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG). Based in Manhattan's Hudson Yards, USE creates experiences to savor that are rooted in USHG's 30-year heritage of culinary excellence and Enlightened Hospitality. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, USE produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.