Maialino / Gramercy Park Hotel (2 Lexington Ave.)
Union Square Hospitality Group is seeking Porters to join the team at Maialino!
Maialino is seeking Porters for full time employment (40 hours week with open availability). We are looking for self-motivated team players who are interested in helping to maintain the cleanliness of Maialino’s equipment and facilities in compliance with Department of Health Standards. Compensation starts at $13/hr and includes eligibility for full health, dental and vision insurance after 90 days of employment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Dishwashing and Dish Machine/Sink Area Maintenance and Cleanliness
- Assist in maintaining Kitchen space by sweeping and mopping, as well as washing worktables, walls and refrigerators
- Clean Oven Hoods and Filters on a Daily Basis
- Maintain Cleanliness of all large Kitchen Equipment
- Empty Garbage Cans throughout Shift
- Ability to stand for up to 12 hrs. per shift
- Ability to lift objects up to 25 lbs. occasionally lifting and/or moving 50lbs
- Ability to effectively communicate in English
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- USHG Employee Dining Program
- Excellent Opportunities for Career Growth
Maialino is a Roman-style trattoria inspired
by the rustic cuisine of the Eternal City. Overlooking Gramercy Park, Maialino captures the warmth and comfort of a true neighborhood trattoria, reimagined for its contemporary setting. Executive Chef Matt Spivey’s thoughtful Italian cuisine blends the rich cultures of both New York City and Rome. Sourced from its local family of farmers and suppliers, Maialino integrates quality, seasonal ingredients throughout the menu, including Executive Pastry Chef Jessica Weiss’ beautiful, rustic desserts. The restaurant is open continuously throughout the day, serving breakfast, lunch, weekend brunch, dinner, and late night, as well as to-go coffee and pastries.