Make a meaningful impact as an Executive Pastry Chef at Maialino!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Executive Pastry Chef will be responsible for all production, execution and distribution of high-quality pastry, baking and selected savory production for all baking and pastry items within the Food2Lex Property, including Maialino Restaurant, Gramercy Terrace, In-Room Dining, Maialino Sweets To Go and Goldbelly. This position will oversee the Pastry department, which includes menu and recipe development, organizing and coordinating kitchen logistics, managing a kitchen staff, inventory of food and kitchen supplies, and growth and development of pastry program.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Ensure daily execution of food production, meeting and exceeding Food2Lex standards of quality
- Meet or exceed budget expectations through controlling of P&L items
- Foster positive inter-departmental communication while increasing productivity
- Continually enhance, refine, and update our culinary programming to maintain our standing as an industry leader
- Strengthen the relationship between Food2Lex and our community
- Continuously build a high-performance team
- Ensure rigorous knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures