Make a meaningful impact as the Wine Director at Marta Caffe Marchio and Vini e Fritti!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Wine Director is responsible for ensuring the excellence, creativity, brand promise, and profitability of our wine program. This position serves as a leader, educator, coach, and mentor to the management team, Sommeliers, and front-of-house staff. The Wine Director will ensure knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies, and procedures and work to continuously build a high-performance team.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
Ensure excellence in the standards and practices of the Beverage Program at Marta, Caffe Marchio and Vini e Fritti
- Develop and direct a beverage program that adds quality, value and enhances the guest experience
Ensure high performance, creativity, brand promise and profitability while maintaining overall excellence & hospitality throughout each day’s specific service periods
- Ensure excellent maintenance and cleanliness of the dining room and all beverage storage areas at all times
Ensure knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
- Adhere to all Marta, Caffe Marchio and Vini e Fritti procedures as it pertains to personal appearance, attendance and conduct
Continuously build a high-performance team
- In conjunction with Marta, Caffe Marchio and Vini e Fritti management, hire and train service staff according to Marta / USHG standards for hospitality, excellence and family values
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Excellent food and beverage knowledge, specifically in wine and spirits
- Strong Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong Understanding of POS and inventory systems
- Leadership and Integrity
- At least 2 years management experience in hospitality & fine dining, with a concentration in wine & beverage education
- At least 2 years running a wine program (responsibilities should include list selection, purchasing, inventory management, staff training, etc.)