Make an impact as a BOH Concession Stand Worker at Union Square Events!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Back of House Concession Stand Workers are seasonal, high-volume hourly food service positions and our ideal candidates are not only enthusiastic, but highly motivated and passionate about hospitality, food and beverage. You will work with the Union Square Sports & Entertainment team at Nationals Ball Park, home of the Washington Nationals.
Concessions include: Shake Shack, Blue Smoke on the Road, El Verano Taqueria, and Box Frites
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- 1+ years previous food service experience
- Knowledge of concession-style food, service, and beverage programs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days, nights and weekends
- Enforcement of Safety / Sanitation Standards
- General Knife Handling
- Kitchen Cleaning / Sanitation
- Meat Cookery
- Knowledge of basic cooking techniques
Union Square Events (USE) is the catering and venue hospitality business from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG). Based in Manhattan's Hudson Yards, USE creates experiences to savor that are rooted in USHG's 30-year heritage of culinary excellence and Enlightened Hospitality. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, USE produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.