Union Square Events is seeking a
to join their Sports & Entertainment team!
Reports to: General Manager, Citi Field
Job Summary: We’re looking for a Sous Chef who will oversee the culinary operation of the Union Square Event brands within Citi Field, home of the New York Mets. This position is directly responsible for ensuring excellent service and hospitality for guests during each event. This position reports into and works with the General Manager of Citi Field to liaise between Aramark and external partners. The Concession Kitchen Manager is tasked with the responsibility of building a culture of Enlightened Hospitality, while ensuring the venue remains profitable and delivers on excellent product and service. These are seasonal, high-volume food service positions and our ideal candidate is not only enthusiastic, but highly motivated and passionate about hospitality, food and beverage.
Core Tasks and Key Responsibilities
- Management of the culinary preparation, production and execution of the Union Square Event’s branded concepts that include Shake Shack, Blue Smoke, El Verano Taqueria, Box Frites and Papa Rosso.
- Maintain quality control for all concepts with a focus on consistency and strict adherence to production guidelines and expectations set by the Union Square Events culinary operations team.
- Point of contact between the USE culinary operations team and the Citi Field management team.
- Work alongside the concession manager in leading a team of stand supervisors.
- Work with the culinary supervisors of each concept on game days to prep, set-up stations and execute all products according to USE culinary team guidelines and standards.
- Uphold USE, DOH and Aramark sanitation and safety procedures.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of the operations within Citi Field.
- Partner with the USE culinary team in seasonal menu creation.
- Participate in the training of culinary staff each season.
- Work with the General Manger in scheduling staff as it pertains to production and controlling labor costs.
- Take regular stock and inventory to ensure the best quality product is being produced and to assist the General Manager in placing daily orders.
- Foster a productive and working relationship between Union Square Events our brand partners and Aramark.
- Along with the Citi Field management team, assist in overall profitability of our concepts at Citi Field.
- Ensure that our company’s four family values of Excellence, Hospitality, Entrepreneurial Spirit, and Integrity are reflected in the location’s culture, both on service and off.
- Be a constant representative of our company at Citi Field to ensure that performance is up to USE standards.
- Attend USHG continuing education management classes to ensure professional and cultural education.
Relevant Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Operating knowledge of high volume, fast casual food service operations
- Ability to taste and respond to visual and aural cues
- Ability to problem solve, think quickly and communicate with employees, guests, clients, and business partners
- Intermediate/Advanced computer skills required to order product, schedule employees and conduct monthly inventory
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a kitchen environment
- 1 year minimum in food service management required
- Degree in hospitality a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to walk long distances and be on your feet for a majority of your work day
- Lifting requirements range from 10-50lbs
- Must be able to stand, reach with arms and hands, bend and stoop, kneel and crouch more than 75% of the time
- Must be able to work in environments with fluctuating temperatures
- NYC DOH Food Handlers Certificate
- Spanish (preferred)
Union Square Events (USE) is the catering and venue hospitality business from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG). Based in Manhattan's Hudson Yards, USE creates experiences to savor that are rooted in USHG's 30-year heritage of culinary excellence and Enlightened Hospitality. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, USE produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.