Make a meaningful impact as a Line Cook at Intersect by Lexus!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are accepting applications for enthusiastic and experienced Line Cooks for full-time employment who would love to be part of Intersect by Lexus. This position actively embodies, inspires, & elevates USHG’s Family Values of Hospitality, Excellence, Entrepreneurial Spirit and Integrity. We are seeking individuals who have great communication skills, strong work ethic, passion for hospitality, commitment to excellence, who understand the importance of teamwork. Ability to multi-task and demonstrate athleticism is a must.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Able to successfully support and work with the Culinary Leaders to manage a station and execute menu items consistently
- Experience with high-level cuisine and working with high profile talent
- Ability to execute menu items consistently according to the directive of the Executive Chef
- Must have strong culinary skills to contribute to a culinary team focused on professionalism and culture through Executive Chef's plan
- Fine Dining experience is required in a similar environment
- Interest and appreciation for cutting edge art, science, and design
- Strong and well-rounded culinary skills that will allow for execution in a casual and fine dining atmosphere
- Work with FOH and BOH management to execute for service
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent Emotional Self Awareness under pressure while maintaining a graceful, warm presence.
- Curious Intelligence to continue learning in the position
- Open availability and a career mentality