Union Square Events is seeking a Booking Coordinator to join the team!
The Booking Coordinator provides administrative support to the Booking Manager and Assistant Booking Manager. This position will support communications and staffing-related logistics for catering events, and assist with the weekly payroll process. For certain events, it may be necessary for the Booking Coordinator to be present on-site in order to assist with personnel management and logistics.
Booking Coordinator: Union Square Events
Reports to: Assistant Booking Manager, USE
Direct Reports: N/A
Service Director, USE
Booking Manager, USE
Event Sales Managers & Coordinators, USE
Culinary Team, USE
Accounting Team, USE
Blue Smoke Catering
Art Food Catering
Whit Food Catering
Core Tasks and Timing for Key Responsibilities
Support the Booking Team in communicating details and managing logistics for staffing of catering events.
- Assist with event staff communication, using CaterXpert, phone and email, to ensure all staff are properly informed of event information, including uniform, location and schedule.
- Assist Booking Team to make appropriate and timely adjustments for short notice changes or event staff cancellations.
- Communicate with staffing agencies when the USE roster is insufficient, with direction from Booking Team.
- Maintain inventory of USE front-of-house staff uniforms, and arrange for efficient delivery to events, cleaning and replacement as needed.
- Coordinate transportation for out of town events, with direction of Booking Team.
- Support events on-site by checking in/out staff, distributing and collecting uniforms, coordinating family meal, staff assignments or other logistics.
- Print and organize event paperwork as needed, including steps-of-service, order sheets, signage, floorplans, etc.
Support the Booking Team to ensure that the weekly payroll for hourly staff and staffing agency invoices are accurately processed using CaterXpert, Ultipro and Excel according to company deadlines.
- Enter hours into CaterXpert for off-premises catering events and contracted venues for approval by the Booking Manager.
- Assist with coding and processing staff agency invoices.
- Maintain organized digital files of invoices.
Coordinate logistics and administrative tasks for ongoing event staff recruiting and hiring and monthly training sessions.
- Reserve conference rooms, and order food, beverage and rental equipment for trainings.
- Create welcome letters, fill out employee action forms and pay rate forms.
- Print and assemble materials for trainings.
Ensure rigorous knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
- Adhere to all USE procedures as it pertains to personal appearance, attendance and conduct.
- Complete all assigned administrative requirements accurately and on time.
- Remain current and compliant with the correct HR practices and policies
Union Square Events (USE) is the catering and venue hospitality business from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG). Based in Manhattan's Hudson Yards, USE creates experiences to savor that are rooted in USHG's 30-year heritage of culinary excellence and Enlightened Hospitality. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, USE produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.