Union Square Events is seeking an Operations Manager to join the team!
Job Summary: The Operations
Manager ensures safe, accurate and efficient storage of all USE and USHG property
and goods at The Shed, for both catering and the lounge. This position manages
inventory of all beverages and supplies, and oversees rental equipment
deliveries, and works with The Shed facilities team to ensure the up keep and maintenance
of the back of house areas. The
Operations Manager will play an integral role in the success of catering
events, and act as a “hub” of information between all parties. This position must exemplify Enlightened
Hospitality in all interactions with our staff, guests, vendors and the
Reports to: Associate Director of Operations & Catering, The Shed
Direct Reports: None
Core Tasks & Key Responsibilities
Ensure the accuracy, quality and continuity of our day-to-day operations by maintaining essential operating systems.
- Manage the USE back of house spaces on the mezzanine and 8th level.
- Manage daily event beverage requisitions and monthly inventories
- Inventory and maintain all beverages, alcohol, disposables, uniforms
- Work with catering and lounge teams to fulfill order requests
- Work with The Shed facilities team to ensure facility upkeep
- Collaborate with USE Warehouse and Purchasing team to ensure smooth operations
- Oversee Party Rental deliveries and load-outs
- Supervise and assist in the unloading of trucks as needed
- Create and distribute weekly schedules of all building activity impacting USE’s operations, including but not limited to deliver
Provide the Catering sales and lounge teams with daily operational support.
- Participate in event walk-throughs with USE catering sales team, clients, The Shed special events team
- Streamline all Caterxpert entries for all warehouse services
- Assist with the maintenance of all items entered into Caterxpert on a daily basis from invoice
- Assist all USE personnel with logistical support at each venue
- Maintain strong collaborative relationships with venue and vendors
Ensure rigorous knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
- Adhere to all USE procedures as it pertains to personal appearance, attendance and conduct
- Complete all assigned administrative requirements accurately and on time
- Remain current and compliant with the correct HR practices and policies
- Ensure that the Payroll process is completed accurately, on time and according to business/accounting procedures.
- Ensure DOL/Health Department compliance as it pertains to the operation
- Hold employees accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following disciplinary procedure when necessary
Union Square Events (USE) is the catering and venue hospitality business from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG). Based in Manhattan's Hudson Yards, USE creates experiences to savor that are rooted in USHG's 30-year heritage of culinary excellence and Enlightened Hospitality. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, USE produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.