Make a meaningful impact as a Senior Facilities Manager at Manhatta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The 28 Liberty, Senior Facilities Manager oversees facilities, operational, stewarding and logistics support to all of the various departments and businesses within 28 Liberty (28L). Additionally, they will work to increase the overall efficiencies and excellence in the day to day operations within 28L, while serving as a common link for all internal department members. This position will act as a liaison with a wide variety of vendors and service businesses to ensure proper maintenance of the physical plant and will excel in building and maintaining relationships with partners (both internal and external) in the scope of their work. This position oversees the functioning of building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire/life safety, and elevators. In addition to the facilities duties mentioned above, this position is responsible for leading all aspects of the Stewarding department through managers as well as the set up and break down of events in the Bay Room.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Increase the accuracy, quality and continuity of our day-to-day operations by creating and maintaining essential operating systems.
- Improve the operation of your unit’s physical plant by implementing efficiencies and cost-saving measures with the goal of saving capital, minimizing downtime and reducing operating expenses.
- Ensure rigorous knowledge of and adhere to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
- Continuously build a high-performance team
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent Experience
- Ideally proficient in, CaterXpert, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office, IMS Software, Filemaker software
- Working knowledge of Painting, plumbing and electrical
- Above average knowledge of power tools
- Five years or more facilities oversight experience
- Strong understanding of food and beverage
- Strong understanding of Service and Operations as it pertains to Catering
- Strong understanding of off-premise event logistics and requirements
- Previous Management experience in large scale, fast-paced environments
- Spanish preferred, but not required
- NYC Food Handler’s Certificate