Make a meaningful impact as an Assistant Marketing Project Manager at USHG!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Marketing Project Manager Assistant will provide support to the Marketing Project Manager at Union Square Hospitality Group. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and communication skills, allowing them to successfully coordinate with colleagues internally and externally, as well as contribute to marketing project management. Problem-solving skills, a curiosity to learn, as well as flexibility, and the ability to adapt as goals and priorities evolve are key characteristics. Additionally, a basic interest in design and aesthetics as well as experience using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and/or Photoshop is required.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Maintain Marketing administrative systems including creative assets, expenses, invoices, etc.
- Assist with scheduling and preparing documents for meetings with internal and external partners
- Provide basic graphic design support
- Work closely with the Marketing Project Manager to oversee project timelines and key milestones
Project Management & Creative Support
- Support the Marketing Project Manager in managing department initiatives and new business openings
- Work with USHG colleagues to gather and share information critical to project management
- Graphic design support: file saving and exporting, asset organization and sharing, coordinating production with vendors, including content updates to existing documents such as menus, postcards, and signage, minor design edits to templates, and creation of basic design assets based on existing guidelines
- Assist Marketing Project Manager in liaising with external partners
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, especially Excel
- Baseline knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite required, with a focus on InDesign
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to earn trust and respect from colleagues
- Mature with a strong sense of integrity
- Thrives in a constantly evolving, fast-paced environment
- Eager to learn from a variety of team members and experiences
- Logical and proactive problem solver
- Strong organizational skills and ability to self-manage timelines and deadlines
- Strong interest in food and hospitality
- Work experience via internships and/or 1-2 years full-time employment in relevant roles
- Hospitality experience is a plus
This is a full-time position for nine months, with the possibility to become a permanent position and member of our team.