Make a meaningful impact as a Prep Cook at Cedric's at The Shed!
Cedric’s is a new bar from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, located in The Shed—a groundbreaking arts and culture institution opening in Hudson Yards in April 2019. Open to the public and accessible via a street-level entrance on West 30th Street, Cedric’s serves a menu of cocktails, craft beer and wine, accompanied by shareable bites, sandwiches, and salads. Cedric’s draws on the creativity and inventive spirit of The Shed, offering a welcoming and laidback experience for locals and visitors alike.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Must have knowledge of common ingredients used in kitchens.
- Display and retain knowledge of equipment use, sanitation and basic maintenance. Share in responsibility of reaching out for guidance if training has not been reviewed.
- Expected to assist receivers in storing goods upon delivery and moving large amounts of goods throughout the property when needed.
- Must display a professional, calm athleticism while interacting with all colleagues in the line kitchen during service.
- Thoughtfully work with porters to keep all cookware and storage containers in good shape and returned to storage areas properly.