Make a meaningful impact as an Assistant General Manager at Cedric's at The Shed!
Cedric’s is a new bar from Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group, located in The Shed—a groundbreaking arts and culture institution opening in Hudson Yards in April 2019. Open to the public and accessible via a street-level entrance on West 30th Street, Cedric’s serves a menu of cocktails, craft beer and wine, accompanied by shareable bites, sandwiches, and salads. Cedric’s draws on the creativity and inventive spirit of The Shed, offering a welcoming and laidback experience for locals and visitors alike.
The Cedric’s Assistant General Manager works with the Training Manager, Director of Operations, Executive Chef, and Beverage Director to launch a new USHG standalone bar. Once the business has officially launched, the AGM is responsible for leading daily operations. They are accountable for leading and improving the staff experience, the guest experience, and the financial health of the business. They lead the management team and line staff to ensure that the highest standards are upheld in the aforementioned areas.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Build a High-Performance Team
- Create and Foster a Best-in-Class Guest Experience
- Drive Financial Performance/Increase Profitability
- Developing a New Business
- Public Relations, Marketing, Community Investment
- Personal Development
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- 5+ years of experience in bar/restaurant management
- Creates a positive and energizing atmosphere through his/her words and actions.
- Recognizes and can master his/her impact on others.
- Enhances each interaction by understanding and responding to other’s needs and wants.
- Proficient in POS System
- Strong Computer Skills (Microsoft Office, Delphi, CaterXpert preferred)
- Spanish (preferred)