Culinary Station Supervisor
Union Square Events (640 West 28th Street NY, NY)
Union Square Events is Seeking a talented
to be a part of the team!
Title: Culinary Station Supervisor
Reports to: Production Sous Chef(s)
Job Summary: The Station Supervisor (Savory) position is responsible for working with the culinary team at the USE commissary to produce food for a wide array of businesses and menus.
Core Tasks and Key Responsibilities
- Execute and supervise daily food production based on guidance from Culinary Management team
- Arrive on time and in the proper uniform on a daily basis
- Possess a general knowledge of food safety and sanitation
- Show a high level of motivation and hunger to learn
- Work well in collaboration with a team
- Show an ability to communicate with team members and management team
- 2-4 years of experience in high volume commissary, catering or hotel/restaurant establishment
- Ability to effectively lead and oversee a team up to 8 people--including preparation, production and dismissal
- Proficient in skills that directly relate to specific station
- Able to assist Production Sous Chef in planning and writing production
- Responsible for overseeing, executing, and packaging of production for specific station (taste, quality, proper packaging)
- Effectively work with other Supervisors to maintain daily kitchen organization and cleanliness
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively on any needs for production and/or packouts with the Shift Supervisor/Kitchen Manager/Production Sous Chef
Union Square Events (USE) is the catering and venue hospitality business from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG). Based in Manhattan's Hudson Yards, USE creates experiences to savor that are rooted in USHG's 30-year heritage of culinary excellence and Enlightened Hospitality. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, USE produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.