Union Square Hospitality Group is seeking Baristas to join the team at Caffe Marchio!
Caffe Marchio, located in the Redbury Hotel, honors the Roman tradition of delicious coffee in an energetic and convivial environment. Open from morning through early evening, Caffe Marchio serves up a proprietary roast designed to evoke the gutsy character of Roman espresso and to complement the array of breakfast sandwiches and traditional Italian pasticcerie by Pastry Chef Jessica Weiss. At midday, casual and hearty Roman tramezzini and other sandwiches featuring braised meats and vegetables will be available along with seasonal contorni and an afternoon selection of beer and wine. As in the neighborhood coffee bars of Rome, the airy interiors are lined with terrazzo countertops for easy, on-the-go refueling.
Baristas will be responsible for the preparation of all espresso based beverages, creating memorable guest experiences, cultivating relationships with regulars and handling payment for all transactions in the Café. Cafe Marchio will be an extension of Marta, and will serve as an all-day cafe (serving from 7:30AM to 6PM.)
- Must have 1-2 years previous Barista experience, formal Barista training preferred
- Strong Coffee and Tea Knowledge
- Ability to prepare classic espresso beverages, latte art experience preferred
- Previous experience working with and maintaining professional grade coffee equipment
- Guest Interaction Skills
- Experience with POS systems
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll have access to:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes, even as an hourly employee)
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support