Union Square Events (640 West 28th Street NY, NY)
We are seeking a
to join our team!
The Kitchen Manager is responsible for overseeing the bulk production team and the packaging of goods for delivery.
Reports to: Executive Sous Chef of Wholesale
- Coordinating and managing production schedules in collaboration with the sous chefs
- Maintains proper organization and workflow of the area and teams they oversee
- Manages their teams to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and to specification
- Manages resources based on the daily production schedule
- Maintains company standards of kitchen organization and cleanliness
- Maintains all DOH standards of the kitchen
- Ensures quality control
- Able to lead by example and work along side your team to meet deadlines
Food Cost Optimization
Kitchen Cleaning / Sanitation
Ordering / Receiving
Vegan / Vegetarian Cooking
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Can work with prolonged standing and mobility for 8-10 hours
- NYC food handlers a plus
Union Square Events (USE) is the catering and venue hospitality business from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG). Based in Manhattan's Hudson Yards, USE creates experiences to savor that are rooted in USHG's 30-year heritage of culinary excellence and Enlightened Hospitality. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, USE produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.