Make and meaningful impact as a Part-Time Staff Accountant at Union Square Hospitality Group!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Part-Time Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting in the day to day transaction processing and accounting in Sage 100 and supporting the Accounts Payable function as needed. This individual must be well organized, flexible, and enjoy the challenges of supporting the accounting function and its programs in a constantly evolving environment.
- Responsible for Corporate Accounting and Accounts Payable processing up to and including:
- Responsible for Accounts Payable including entering invoices, following-up on outstanding invoices and maintaining filing system through Plate IQ
- Responsible for updating new and/or existing vendors in Sage 100
- Create Corporate Cardholder accounts in SmartData and Concur
- Review expense reports in SmartData and Concur including cardholder receipts and GL code assignment
- Research guest Gift Card inquires including purchases, redemptions and forfeitures of Unclaimed Property
- Assist with Ad Hoc Projects as needed
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- 1-2 years of accounting experience preferred
- Strong Computer Skills (Excel, Word )
- Sage 100 knowledge a plus
- Attention to Detail