Blue Smoke is looking for a Catering and Event Sales Manager!
Since opening Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has grown into an innovative family of food and hospitality businesses including fine dining restaurants, museum cafes, casual dining eateries, and Union Square Events.
Founded 15 years ago, Blue Smoke has emerged as a culinary and operations leader within the hospitality and BBQ industry. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of Pit Masters across the country, Blue Smoke has established itself as a leader in the city and a stomping ground for like-minded professionals. We carry out one-of-a-kind catered events and enjoyable dining experiences within a variety of corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.
The Catering and Event Sales Manager is responsible for selling full-service catered events in accordance with the USHG Enlightened Hospitality standards. In addition to managing client relationships, this position leads communication on internal production for food, beverages and service for events.
Core tasks and key responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed monthly Blue Smoke Catering sales budget goals.
- Manage all client communications relating to the sale and production of events on a daily basis, ensuring the highest quality experience for clients is consistently delivered.
- Manage all internal communications relating to the production of event, while meeting weekly deadlines for completion of food, beverage, Blue Smoke equipment and rental equipment orders.
- Ensure rigorous knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures.
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Option to participate in Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
Strong Computer Skills (Microsoft Office and CaterXpert preferred)
Strong understanding of BBQ and regional beverage.
Wine, Beer and Spirits knowledge.
Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Experience
NYC Food Handler’s Certificate
Must be able to maneuver to all areas of event venues, including food and beverage areas. Requires mobility, prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and reaching. Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity. Must be able to tolerate varying levels of stress, temperature, illumination, air quality and fatigue. Heavy customer contact required.
*NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of Blue Smoke.