Make a meaningful impact as a Manager at Tacocina!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Tacocina Manager is responsible for all daily operations of the business and culinary operations for Taco. They are accountable for the overall quality of hospitality, service, food and beverage. They manage the line staff to ensure that the highest standards are upheld in the aforementioned areas. This position will assist in creating experiences that exceed the guests’ expectations, provide strong leadership while maintaining the core principles of Union Square Hospitality Group.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Lead, inspire, and develop both culinary and hospitality excellence
- Ensures accurate and qualitative continuity of day-to-day operations
- Lead entire team to consistently provide an outstanding guest experience
- Ensure rigorous knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
- Continuously build a high-performance team
- Guide all employees in upholding the excellence and efficiency of the business operations
- Meet or exceed budget expectations through controlling of P&L items.
- Ensure that the entire team is informed of USHG initiatives
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Preferred Bachelor Degree or Certification in Hospitality-related field, or equivalent expertise gained from time on the job
- New York Food Handler’s Certificate
- Minimum 3 years of previous food service and/or customer service experience
- Minimum 1 year of restaurant management experience or supervisory experience in leading, training, and mentoring hospitality and culinary teams
- Understanding and Passion for Mexican and American cuisines
- Proficient understanding of best practices for food and labor cost management