Union Square Events is seeking a Bartender to join the team!
Reports to: Operations Manager, The Shed
Direct Reports: None
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Key Relationships: FOH/BOH Management, FOH Event Staff
Demonstrate the Family Values at USHG:
- Act as an agent in order to provide the best possible service to each and every guest.
- Actively participate in the Virtuous Cycle of Enlightened Hospitality.
- Excellence: Bring your personal best to work, demonstrate a hunger to learn and actively solicit feedback to continuously improve and grow.
- Hospitality: Own your behavior and its impact on others, demonstrate warmth, care and courage to support and strengthen the team, and create memorable moments of hospitality for all stakeholders to power the Cycle of Enlightened Hospitality.Showcase positive and professional behavior towards management and fellow staff members.
- Integrity: Use best judgment to do what is right and fair, courageously provide honest feedback to colleagues to hold them accountable to our standards of excellence, and actively build trust with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Take risks to continuously innovate, add to the dialogue by asking ‘whoever wrote the rule,’ and honor mistakes as opportunities to grow while humbly sharing lessons learned with others to fuel learning and innovation.
Time and Attendance:
- Arrive on time and “floor-ready” for scheduled shifts while following dress code guidelines and standards.
- Sign in and out for each scheduled shift and shift break. Exhibit accurate and effective use of time and attendance portals and procedures.
- Abide by all Union Square Events and USHG Policies and guidelines. (Information on these policies are available at inside.ushgnyc.com)
Service and Guest Experience:
- Possesses an understanding of proper steps of service and consistently executes them with efficiency and grace, while maintaining a sense of urgency throughout service.
- Anticipate guest needs.
- Ensure constant communication with Supervisors, staff members, and management during service, through proper channels.
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings.
- Maintains a sense of urgency throughout service.
Constant Command of Menu Information:
- Demonstrate command of all menus and menu changes (components, ingredients, preparation, allergens, substitutions)
- Command knowledge of the beverage program.
Break Down and Respect for Surroundings:
- Maintain the high standards of cleanliness and proper appearance throughout all areas of event venues.
- Reliably complete all assigned set up and breakdown tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Department of Health (DOH) standards
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs, walk up and down stairs several times a shift, and stand for long periods of time
Other Requirements and Certifications:
- TIPS Certification
- Proficiency in the English language
- Basic Wine, Beer and Spirits knowledge
- Ability to quickly and accurately handle cash transactions.
Union Square Events (USE) is the catering and venue hospitality business from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG). Based in Manhattan's Hudson Yards, USE creates experiences to savor that are rooted in USHG's 30-year heritage of culinary excellence and Enlightened Hospitality. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, USE produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.