Make a meaningful impact as a Private Dining Room Operations Manager at Manhatta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Private Dining Room Operations Manager is an operations-focused member of the Manhatta team. Their primary responsibilities include planning, production, and administration of events. The Manager will be the main venue contact for clients once a contract has been signed and handed over from the Sales team. They will spearhead the planning process to ensure that the client’s vision is successfully executed, which will include coordination with BOH, the operations team, and supervision of FOH employees. This position serves as a company ambassador tasked with maintaining a culture of Enlightened Hospitality and creating an unparalleled experience for guests and teammates.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Passion for creating memorable moments of hospitality for our guests
- Candidate must possess excellent organizational and leadership skills in order to set up, execute and follow through with closing duties in the Manhatta Private Dining Room
- Capable of accurately reading and assessing BEO's, communicating with PDR clients, close out of final bill and completion of event report
- Maintain an understanding of the proper steps of service required of all FOH service positions
- Maintain mental athleticism for coordination with table pacing, and section maintenance in conjunction with support personnel
- Strong communication and listening skills to effectively deliver accurate messaging to both guests and teammates
- A strong work ethic and a hunger to learn and grow
- A basic understanding of classic cookery, wine, beer, and cocktails
- Previous experience with restaurant point-of-sale (POS) system
- Oversee event set-up and service day of as needed
- Oversee completion and sending of invoices and allocations to Accounting Department
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- 3-5 years of Venue event planning experience
- Wine, Beer and Spirits knowledge
- Previous Management experience in large-scale, fast-paced environments
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Strong Computer Skills (Microsoft Office and CaterXpert preferred)