Union Square Hospitality Group is seeking Pastry Cooks to join the team at Untitled!
Untitled features Chef Suzanne Cupps’s acclaimed, deeply seasonal style of contemporary American cooking. The light-filled, airy restaurant, adjacent to the High Line, is inspired by the boldly creative environment of the world-class museum it calls home. Untitled is open daily for lunch and dinner, with a ground floor entrance on Gansevoort Street. The ideal Pastry Cook candidate will have an understanding of basic pastry techniques, general familiarity of pastry equipment and material, have the ability to read and follow recipes, and be extremely detail oriented. This position will report directly in to the Chef de Cuisine, Sous Chef, and Executive Chef.
Skills & Requirements:
- Sets up station according to Chef’s guidelines
- Follows recipes, portion controls, pars, and presentation specifics as set by the Chef
- Restocks items as needed throughout shift
- Keeps a clean, safe, organized work station
- Uses/maintains all equipment in station properly
- Assists with scrub down and organization of kitchen, refrigeration and storage areas, etc.
- Performs additional tasks as requested by the Chef or Sous Chef
- Conforms to Department of Health requirements to run an A-level kitchen
- Handles food products in a thoughtful manner, generating minimal waste
- Must Have Schedule flexibility and able to work nights and weekends
- Interest in both classic and contemporary approaches to pastry
Eligibility for USHG Benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance available at 90 days service.
- Paid Time Off begins accumulating the moment you start.
- Employee Dining- 20% discount at all USHG restaurants at 180 days service.
- 401(k)- matched 401(k) available at 1 year service.
- Community contribution opportunities available.