We are seeking enthusiastic, passionate Pastry Externs to join the team at Untitled!
Untitled and Studio Cafe features Chef Suzanne Cupps’s acclaimed, deeply seasonal style of contemporary American cooking. The light-filled, airy restaurant, adjacent to the High Line, is inspired by the boldly creative environment of the world-class museum it calls home. Untitled is open daily for lunch and dinner, with a ground floor entrance on Gansevoort Street. We teach our externs to build upon the skills they've already acquired from school and prior work experiences. Each day our externs are actively involved with chefs who are focused and creative teachers. We have developed a strong sense of community that is a clear extension of the Gramercy Tavern lineage. Our goal is to prepare students to join the best kitchens in the world.
An extern at Untitled and Studio Cafe will be exposed to the following:
- Assist with farmer's market trips
- Hone basic knife skills
- Kitchen Cleaning / Sanitation
- Assist cooks in prepping components for their stations
- Learn to set-up a station independently
- Able to stand for longer than 8 hours (must)
- Able to move or lift 50 pounds on an intermittent basis and 35 pounds regularly (must)
- Able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, pull, twist, walk, crouch, and squat (must)
- Based on culinary school requirements and/or availability