Maialino / Gramercy Park Hotel (2 Lexington Ave.)
Make a meaningful impact as a Sommelier with Maialino!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
As an important member of our team, you’ll have access to:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Passion for creating memorable moments of hospitality for our guests
- 1-2 years NYC fine dining experience in a Sommelier or a wine focused position
- Strong communication and listening skills to effectively deliver accurate messaging to both guests and teammates
- Ability to create pairings to help compliment the menu
- Maintenance of wine cellar and inventory
- Participation in staff education
- An advanced education or certification in wine studies that is service minded
- Hospitality Degree/Certification
- Experience with restaurant point-of-sale (POS) systems
Maialino is a Roman-style trattoria inspired by the rustic cuisine of the Eternal City. Overlooking Gramercy Park, Maialino captures the warmth and comfort of a true neighborhood trattoria, reimagined for its contemporary setting. Executive Chef Matt Spivey’s thoughtful Italian cuisine blends the rich cultures of both New York City and Rome. Sourced from its local family of farmers and suppliers, Maialino integrates quality, seasonal ingredients throughout the menu, including Executive Pastry Chef Geoffrey Koo’s beautiful, rustic desserts. The restaurant is open continuously throughout the day, serving breakfast, lunch, weekend brunch, dinner, and late night, as well as to-go coffee and pastries.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.