Make a meaningful impact as a Banquet Sous Chef with Union Square Events at the Conrad New York Downtown!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Banquet Sous Chef is responsible for daily production and execution of the Conrad New York Downtown. This role will support the Executive Chef to adapt and create inspired seasonally appropriate menus that are creative, evolving, well balanced for the season, while maintaining accurate food and labor costs based on a forecast budget, ensuring best business practices. The Banquet Sous Chef will also oversee the onsite hourly culinary employees to ensure they are executing the standards established by the Executive Chef. This individual will assist in CaterXpert and creating experiences that exceed the guests’ expectations, and provide strong leadership while maintaining the core principles of our culture of Enlightened Hospitality.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Participation in annual bonus plan
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgement- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Proficient in POS System (Micros)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Delphi, CaterXpert preferred)
- 5+ years' of experience in off-site catering, pop-up restaurants, large-scale special events, small intimate gatherings, and/or fine dining restaurants
- Excellent working knowledge of many styles of cuisine and types of events TIPS Certification
- CPR/1st Aid Certified
- NYC Food Handler's Certificate
- Fluency in Spanish
Union Square Events (USE) is the catering and venue hospitality business from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG). Based in Manhattan's Hudson Yards, USE creates experiences to savor that are rooted in USHG's 30-year heritage of culinary excellence and Enlightened Hospitality. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, USE produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.