Make a meaningful impact as an Expeditor at MARTA!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Marta, located at The Redbury New York hotel in the growing neighborhood north of Madison Square Park, is a lively Italian restaurant from Chef Lena Ciardullo. Inspired by the rustic tradition of Roman pizzerie, local haunts that churn out thin, crackly-crusted pizzas, Marta features an energetic open kitchen with two wood-burning ovens and an open-fire grill taking center stage. The kitchen creates fresh takes on classic pizza standbys as well as original inventions showcasing seasonal and local ingredients. The wine list hangs its hat on Champagne and a deep focus on Italian wine, along with exciting beer and a lively cocktail menu. Marta exudes warmth and communal energy and serves as a central gathering place for its community.
The FOH Expeditor works in conjunction with the BOH team to operate the pass ticket system, making sure the right food goes to the right tables. They must be exceptional communicators with a solution-focused mindset. The Expeditor coordinates with the kitchen team to ensure hot food is served hot and cold food is served cold. Other duties include; verifying portions are consistent and food is presentable, wiping plates as needed, familiar with the guests on the reservations list, especially guests regarded as VIP and our regular guests’ request and/or preferences, arrange tickets and send food while directing runners to the correct tables, and speak to management and liaise with the chefs regarding late dishes, substandard dishes, guest complaints, and known guest allergies. This position must have exception cleaning and sanitation standards, while maintaining an organized pass during service.
Marta is a fast-paced, exciting restaurant with many opportunities to learn and grow. Professionals in this role will need to demonstrate grace under pressure, along with a thorough knowledge of food, beverage, ingredients and dish preparations on our menu. Successful candidates require excellent communication skills and a pleasant friendly attitude toward their colleagues and guests. Ideal applicants are professional with a sense of humor and a strong passion for hospitality.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Previous Experience as an Expeditor
- Strong Food and Beverage Knowledge
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Command of DOH Standards
- Ability to work with POS systems
Candidates must have a flexible schedule. Marta is open for lunch and dinner service, 7 days a week.