Make a meaningful impact as a Front of House Manager at Marta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Marta is seeking a Floor Manager to join our team. Managers collaborate with the General Manager, Executive Chef and the entire front and back of house management team. This is an opportunity to work in multiple outlets, while expressing your passion for all facets of the beverage world, including spirits, wine and beer.
Managers lead the team at Marta, managing all facets of the Front of House operations of the restaurant. Our managers help to build a better brand with the best management and staff by constantly improving our food and service with a focus on our partners and guests while providing unparalleled hospitality. This position requires flexibility and a wide range of hospitality, service and business acumen. Managers embody, inspire and teach skills that will elevate the core values of Union Square Hospitality Group.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- 4-5 Years FOH Full Service/Upscale Casual Dining experience
- Ability to identify opportunities throughout the operation, leading with solutions and proposals
- Superior organizational acumen, prioritizing time and tasks with optimum efficiency
- Full cycle project management: ability to plan, organize, direct and delegate, and follow through, holding team(s) accountable
- Superior communication skills (verbal/oral/listening)
- Proficiency with Restaurant Technologies and applications (Microsoft Office/POS/Avero)
- NYC DOHMH Food Protection Certificate holder
- Excellent Dining Room and Facilities Operations Knowledge
- Proficient in Restaurant Financial Knowledge (P&L /Budget/Food & Labor Costs)
- Understanding of HR Practices/Policies/Procedures
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional management experience
- Service training and development experience
- An understanding of Department of Health Food Safety Standards
- Purveyor relationships
- Staff education
Marta is located in the Redbury hotel and also runs two sister establishments in the building, Vini e Fritti and Caffe Marchio.