Beverage Manager - Maialino
Maialino / Gramercy Park Hotel (2 Lexington Ave.)
Make a meaningful impact as a Beverage Manager with Maialino!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As a valued member of our team, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
Key Responsibilities (More details here)
- Ensure excellent direction in the standards and practices of the Beverage Program at Maialino
- Maintain a high-quality, high-functioning bar
- Guarantee high performance and profitability while maintaining overall excellence & hospitality throughout each day’s specific service periods.
- Ensure knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
- Continuously build a high performance team
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- At least 3 years management experience in hospitality & fine dining
- Bartender experience
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or Certification in Hospitality-related field or equivalent expertise gained from time on the job
- Excellent food and beverage knowledge
- Problem solving & delegation
- Initiative & follow through
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Attention to detail
Maialino is a Roman-style trattoria inspired by the rustic cuisine of the Eternal City. Overlooking Gramercy Park, Maialino captures the warmth and comfort of a true neighborhood trattoria, reimagined for its contemporary setting. Executive Chef Matt Spivey’s thoughtful Italian cuisine blends the rich cultures of both New York City and Rome. Sourced from its local family of farmers and suppliers, Maialino integrates quality, seasonal ingredients throughout the menu, including Executive Pastry Chef Geoffrey Koo’s beautiful, rustic desserts. The restaurant is open continuously throughout the day, serving breakfast, lunch, weekend brunch, dinner, and late night, as well as to-go coffee and pastries.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.