Make an impact as a Line Cook at Marta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, and Porchlight to name a few!
Located in the Redbury Hotel, Marta features an energetic open kitchen with two wood-burning ovens and an open-fire grill taking center stage. The kitchen creates fresh takes on classic pizza standbys as well as original inventions showcasing seasonal and local ingredients. Marta exudes warmth and communal energy and serves as a central gathering place for its community. Working in the building also offers access to Caffe Marchio https://www.caffemarchio.com/ and Vini e Fritti https://www.vinifritti.com/ , the newest restaurants on the 30th Street side of The Redbury New York Hotel from the team behind Marta. These spaces round out the property’s loving salute to Roman eateries, and offer a transporting taste of the eternal city, from morning to night.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Experience cooking in a professional environment (garde manger, grilling, wood fire cooking)
- Advanced knife handling skills
- Self-motivated, organized, reliable and hardworking
- Commitment to excellence and working with a team
- Understanding of all aspects of the kitchen