Make an impact as a Culinary Research and Development Supervisor at Union Square Events!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Culinary Research and Development Supervisor will be responsible for working with the Senior Culinary Development Manager (SCDM) and the R&D team on tracking and developing recipes, dishes and menus for current and future Union Square Events menus.
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Executes and supervises the day to day prep and production for R&D projects
- Oversees the recording procedures of the team throughout the R&D process
- Arrives on time and in the proper uniform on a daily basis
- Possesses a general knowledge of food safety and sanitation
- Shows a high level of motivation, and a hunger to learn
- Shows an ability to communicate with team members and the management team
- Adheres to all policies set forth by the commissary management team
- Able to take and follow direction diligently
- 2-4 years of experience in high volume commissary, catering or hotel/restaurant establishment
- Ability to effectively lead and oversee a small team, in preparation, production and dismissal
- Ability to plan production schedules for various R&D projects
- Effectively work with other Supervisors to maintain daily kitchen organization and cleanliness
- Proficient understanding of the USE recipe management system
- Proficient in creating recipes for the R&D process
Union Square Events (USE) is the catering and venue hospitality business from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG). Based in Manhattan's Hudson Yards, USE creates experiences to savor that are rooted in USHG's 30-year heritage of culinary excellence and Enlightened Hospitality. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, USE produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.