Make a meaningful impact as an Events Coordinator at Marta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Marta, located at The Redbury New York hotel in the growing neighborhood north of Madison Square Park, is a lively Italian restaurant from Chef Lena Ciardullo. Inspired by the rustic tradition of Roman pizzerie, local haunts that churn out thin, crackly-crusted pizzas, Marta features an energetic open kitchen with two wood-burning ovens and an open-fire grill taking center stage. The kitchen creates fresh takes on classic pizza standbys as well as original inventions showcasing seasonal and local ingredients. The wine list hangs its hat on Champagne and a deep focus on Italian wine, along with exciting beer and a lively cocktail menu. Marta exudes warmth and communal energy and serves as a central gathering place for its community.
Marta is a quick, exciting restaurant with many opportunities to learn and grow. Professionals in this role will need to demonstrate a deep knowledge of wine, spirits and beer, along with a thorough knowledge of food, ingredients and dish preparations on our menu. Successful candidates require excellent communication skills and a pleasant friendly attitude toward their colleagues and guests. Ideal applicants are professional with a sense of humor and a strong passion for hospitality.
The Events Coordinator will provide support for the sales and operations teams with all execution and completion of events located in the banquet and events space at Marta. This position will serve as the connective tissue in between the event sales and event operations teams to ensure maximum communication toward well executed events. This candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and possess the ability to maintain a high-level of professionalism and accuracy at all times.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Provide general administrative and organizational assistance
- Hands-on Participation of Event Service
- Demonstrate the Family Values of USHG
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer / Chrome.
- At least 1 year of Front of House experience in a New York City restaurant.
- Should be very hospitality driven with a great phone demeanor even under pressure.
- Excellent verbal & written communication. Well spoken, friendly, and organized with an acute attention to detail.
- Knowledge/experience in office administration.
- May involve reaching with arms and hands, bending and stooping. May include lifting and moving objects of 25lbs or more. Due to the demanding nature of special events, position may involve a variable schedule and long hours.
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first