Make a meaningful impact as a B&I Catering Attendant at Union Square Events!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Responsible for the setup & maintenance of daily buffet items and all daily catering food services within our B&I businesses
- Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the FOH (Front of house) food service area & BOH (Back of house) prep & area
- Required to assist clients in a friendly, efficient, and courteous manner
- Assist during service any foodservice area in need of replenishing supplies
- May be required to organize and replenish beverage and other Conference Catering Goods
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to reach, bend, wipe, lift, push and pull
- Must meet state and local health requirements for food handlers
- Must adhere to all safety and Company Policies
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Food Sanitation Knowledge
- Food and Personal Safety Knowledge
- Client Facing Communications
Scheduling Requirements and Additional Information:
- The role will require daytime hours, Monday through Friday.
- Business casual work environment fill with fun, passionate people.
Union Square Events (USE) is the catering and venue hospitality business from Danny Meyer's Union Square Hospitality Group (USHG). Based in Manhattan's Hudson Yards, USE creates experiences to savor that are rooted in USHG's 30-year heritage of culinary excellence and Enlightened Hospitality. Through collaborations with a diverse portfolio of best in class clients and business partners, USE produces one-of-a-kind catered events and unparalleled dining experiences within a variety of cultural, corporate and entertainment venues throughout New York City.