Make a meaningful impact as a Line Cook at Untitled!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The light-filled, airy restaurant, adjacent to the High Line, is inspired by the boldly creative environment of the world-class museum it calls home, with a ground floor entrance on Gansevoort Street.
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgement- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Basic understanding of professional cooking
- Knife handling skills
- Following recipes without direct supervision
- Basic kitchen etiquette and safety
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with colleagues
- Able to stand longer than 8 hrs (must)
- Able to move or lift 50 lbs on intermittent basis & 35 lbs regularly (must)
- Able to bend, stoop & push
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.