Make a meaningful impact as an Event Operations Supervisor at Marta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, and Porchlight to name a few!
Events Operations Supervisor - MARTA
Reports to: Event Operations & In Room Dining Manager
Direct Reports: None
FSLA Classification: Non-Exempt
Key Internal Relationships: FOH/BOH Management, In Room Dining Team, Hourly Event Staff
Key External Relationships: Vendors, Event Hosts, Event Guests
Job Summary: The Events Operations Supervisor will provide support for the operations team with all execution and completion of events located in the banquet and events space at Marta. This position will work in conjunction with the Events Coordinator and In Room Dining Supervisor to ensure maximum communication toward well executed events. This candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and possess the ability to maintain a high-level of professionalism and accuracy at all times.
Demonstrate the Family Values of USHG
- Act as an agent in order to provide the best possible service to each and every guest.
- Actively participate in the Virtuous Cycle of Enlightened Hospitality.
- Excellence: Bring your personal best to work, demonstrate a hunger to learn and actively solicit feedback to continuously improve and grow.
- Hospitality: Own your behavior and impact on others, demonstrate warmth, care and courage to support and strengthen the team, and create memorable moments of hospitality for all stakeholders to power the Cycle of Enlightened Hospitality.
- Integrity: Use best judgment to do what is right and fair, courageously provide honest feedback to colleagues to hold them accountable to our standards of excellence, and actively build trust with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Take risks to continuously innovate, add to the dialogue by asking ‘whoever wrote the rule,’ and honor mistakes as opportunities to grow while humbly sharing lessons learned with others to fuel learning and innovation.
Hands-on Participation of Event Service
- Supervise the event service staff with the guidance of the Event Operations Manager.
- Oversee setups and breakdowns of events as scheduled by the Event Operations Manager.
- Oversee opening and closing of events as scheduled by the Event Operations Manager.
- Communicate with Events Coordinator & In Room Dining Supervisor to distribute Banquet Event Orders and Floorplans to the In Room Dining Team.
- Organize furniture, décor, china, glassware, silverware, and additional items in preparation for events as directed by the event BEO.
- Participate in guest service as needed on a case by case basis.
Provide general administrative and organizational assistance
- Collaborate with Coordinator to print Banquet Event Orders & floorplans on the day of event and for BEO Meetings
- Create & print squad assignments.
- Responsible for inventory and supplies on 2nd floor.
- Ensure digital signage is up to date as directed by the event BEO.
- Maintain banquet event order postings in designated locations throughout restaurant.
- Enhance guest relationships and drive repeat business.
- Provide accurate and in depth feedback to Events Sales Team and Event Operations & In Room Dining Manager to encourage the continued growth of the business.
- Support the Event Operations & In Room Dining Manager in their day to day job tasks as required.
- Maintain an understanding of the proper steps of event service. Consistently execute them with efficiency and grace while maintaining a sense of urgency throughout daily task.
- Ensure constant communication with team members, management, supervisor and The Redbury Hotel at all times during service.
Relevant Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer / Chrome.
- At least 1 year of Front of House experience in a New York City restaurant.
- Should be very hospitality driven with a great demeanor even under pressure.
- Excellent verbal & written communication Knowledge.
- Should be well spoken, friendly and organized with an acute attention to detail.
- May involve reaching with arms and hands, bending and stooping. May include lifting and moving objects of 25lbs or more. Due to the demanding nature of special events, position may involve a variable schedule and long hours.