Make a meaningful impact as a Coat Check at Manhatta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
A Manhatta Coat Check will be an expert at welcoming our guests into our home with warmth, enthusiasm, and grace in this dynamic, multi-faceted, space. This position will be based on our elegant lobby.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Keep the Coat Check area tidy and organized during service. Sets up the next host for success.
- Can check and retrieve coats quickly and efficiently, keeping within the set standards of enlightened hospitality.
- Items are never lost or misplaced.
- Strong communication and listening skills to effectively deliver accurate messaging to both guests and teammates
- Maintain accurate knowledge on hours of operation, relevant service and facility information, and upcoming events at the restaurant
- Have a general knowledge and understanding of Department of Health (DOH) food safety standards
- Derives pleasure from providing hospitality
- 1 year New York City fine dining experience in a front-door position a plus