Make a meaningful impact as a Sous Chef at Marta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
This is a great opportunity to master the art of cooking over open fire, utilizing a state of the art Grillworks, Infierno grill and Mugnaini pizza ovens. Additionally, learn to source and cook with local ingredients from Union Square Greenmarket and other local farms.
Located in the Redbury Hotel, Marta features an energetic open kitchen with two wood-burning ovens and an open-fire grill taking center stage. The kitchen creates fresh takes on classic pizza standbys as well as original inventions showcasing seasonal and local ingredients. Marta exudes warmth and communal energy and serves as a central gathering place for its community.
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional kitchen management experience
- Advanced knife handling skills
- Menu/recipe development
- An understanding of Department of Health Food Safety Standards Food cost optimization
- Purveyor/local farmer relationships
- Ability to lead a team successfully in a culture-driven environment including staff education, family meal, and strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not required