We are seeking talented Pastry Cooks to join the Marta AM Pastry Team Full Time!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, and Porchlight to name a few!
The Pastry Team at MARTA is responsible for the daily preparation and production of pastries and bread for all three of our properties: MARTA, Caffe Marchio and Vini e Fritti.
Pastry Cooks will learn a variety of techniques ranging from production of bread and laminated doughs to gelatos and banquet style desserts. All of our shifts offer different skills and challenges. Pastry cooks will be challenged daily to perform to their highest potential and to put out consistently excellent product.
- At least 1 year Restaurant/Bakery/Kitchen experience as a Pastry Cook or relevant position.
- An understanding of Department of Health Food Safety Standards
- Bread Baking (scaling, mixing, shaping & baking)
- Ice Cream & Sorbet Production
- Pastry Production
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to multitask
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table:
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first