Marta is looking for a Beverage Apprentice to join the team!
We’re looking for an intelligent, curious, confident, detail oriented, organized and thoughtful individual who exemplifies USHG’s core Family Values of hospitality, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and integrity. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced, non-stop environment, is adept at prioritizing tasks and loves solving problems. Works both independently as well as comfortable being an integral part of a larger team. A passion to better learn and understand beverage operations is at the heart of this position. This position works hand in hand with the Wine Director, Sommeliers on all aspects of beverage operations. The ability to be strategic, flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient is in your DNA. Superior written and verbal communication skills, sense of urgency, empathy and attention to detail is crucial.
Serve as a key team member within the restaurant and company as a whole by running a business within a business and helping to define excellence in the following ways :
Responsible for all aspects of the Marta beverage storage areas
- Responsible for the daily receiving and stocking of all wines.
- By working with these wines on a daily basis, become familiar with all of the great wines and regions of the world
- Assist Sommelier team in all details of daily operation.
- Key team member for monthly inventory of all wines.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized environment at all times.
- Maintain systems such as Binwise, Avero, Gather, and others in the daily operations of the beverage department.
- Create and monitor pars for product and communicate orders in a clear, timely and organized fashion
- Work closely with the private dining sales department in order to ensure timely availability for all beverage alcohol
Internal & External Relationships
- Professionally represent USHG
- Foster positive relationships with all USHG restaurants in order to share best practice
Relevant Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Problem solving
- Initiative & follow through
- Superior verbal & written communication
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Understanding of Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
- Familiar with Binwise, Gather, Avero and other restaurant software