Make a meaningful impact as a Supervisor Lead at Tacocina!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Supervisor is Team Member Lead who is a warm, friendly, and highly motivated employee that delivers the highest level of hospitality and service to our guests. Team members are expected to execute guest facing service as well as back of house tasks at an expert level. Team Member Lead will have a thorough understanding of reach station at Tacocina and can jump in at a moment's notice to support all areas of the business.
This is a seasonal position beginning at the time of hire until Fall 2021, with the opportunity to transfer within the company based on performance.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Consistently provide an outstanding guest experience
- Consistently provide an outstanding culinary experience
- Maintain facilities in compliance with DOH standards
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- 3+ years of previous food service and/or customer service experience
- Knowledge of fast casual-style food, service, and beverage programs
- Experience using POS systems
- Knowledge of basic cooking techniques
- Knowledge of DOH policies and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days, nights and weekends