Make a meaningful impact as a Porter at Marta partnering on a special project with Rethink!
The Porter is responsible for the overall cleanliness and organization of the kitchen and facility to ensure strict adherence to proper sanitation standards. Additionally, the Porter is required to handle multiple daily responsibilities, display an ability and willingness to take direction, and work in a team environment.
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Marta is partnering with Rethink for a 12 week project to assist with food production to feed and support local businesses in the greater New York area.
Rethink Food NYC Inc is a non-profit organization that utilizes food excess from restaurants, grocery stores and corporate kitchens to create new and nutritious meals for those in need. Research shows about 40% of the food produced in America today goes to waste; this is equivalent to 70 billion tons. 42 million people are facing hunger in the United States, but there is enough food to feed everyone – Rethink is working to make this happen. Rethink has also set up operations for Emergency Food Management, to not only feed those in need during times of crisis, but to fund and activate local food purveyors during these times. This is a model that commenced in New York City in response to COVID-19, with plans to roll out nationally as need grows. Rethink is working on this to be a federally funded program, so the country can not only feed Americans in need, but also employ and help American businesses during times of crisis.
As a valued member of our team, you’ll be able to have:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Be able to partner with Rethink and make an impact on our community and NYC
What You Bring to the Table:
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
Requirements and Skills:
- Attention to Detail
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivated, organized, reliable and hardworking
- Commitment to excellence and working with a team
- Ability to follow instructions and remain calm under pressure
- Assists with deep cleaning schedule