Make a meaningful impact as a Culinary Manager at Tacocina!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Manager/Culinary Lead is responsible for all daily business operations and culinary operations for Tacocina, our flagship taqueria in Domino Park. This leader will drive the financial health of the business by ensuring USE operational standards are upheld or exceeded, collaborating with our culinary team to deliver best in class food and beverage, and leading and developing a team of up to 20 people.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Direct responsibility for on-site culinary production and team member training
- Know and execute brand standards for existing recipes
- Lead day to day operations including opening/closing/service operations in accordance with brand SOPs
- Assist with scheduling staff
- Ensure hospitality standards are met or exceeded, including guest recovery
- P&L responsibility- control food, labor and operational costs to meet or exceed budgeted goals
- Collaborate with the GM on interviewing, hiring and training staff
- Maintain accurate records and reporting for payroll, corrective actions, etc.
- Know and model our Family Values
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years experience as Sous Chef
- Proficient knowledge of Mexican cuisine, ingredients and trends
- Strong culinary and leadership background
- Capable of teaching and holding employees accountable
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills
- NY Food Handler’s Certificate
- English Fluency, Spanish knowledge is a plus