We are seeking talented and experienced Prep Cooks (PM shift) with a true passion for hospitality!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Tacocina, located in Domino Park facing the NYC skyline is looking for talented Prep Cooks to work the evening shifts with team members and a talented management team for the 2021 season! The Prep Cook is a combination of both prep work and porter work. The team at Tacocina is a dynamic "all-in" environment and our team members are all hands in willing to support each other.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs and Career Development advice to help you navigate your career options with us
- Access to a generous Referral Program
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- 1-year food preparation experience in a position responsible for preparing and cooking plated food
- Ability to execute and maintain the preparations, recipes, and service of any assigned station
- Have a basic knowledge base of cooking techniques including frying and sautéing
- Ability to demonstrate knife skills and workspace tidiness in a fast-paced environment
- Know Department of Health (DOH) standards