USHG is looking for Manhatta's next Executive Chef!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
An integral member of Manhatta's Leadership Team, this position must lead, inspire and embody our Family Values and our philosophy of Enlightened Hospitality in all interactions with our people, guests, vendors and the community.
Job Summary: The Executive Chef partners with the General Manager and Director of Operations to set, meet and exceed the goals of the business. The Executive Chef effectively balances all areas of the culinary operations with a business and financial mindset and effectively leads the Sous Chefs, Line Cooks, Prep Cooks, Porters, and receivers by providing goals and supporting growth and development.
- Meet or exceed budget expectations through controlling of P&L items
- Increase productivity and foster positive inter-departmental communications
- Continually enhance, refine and update our culinary programming to maintain our standing as an industry leader
- Strengthen the relationship between the team and our community
- Continuously build a high-performance team
- Ensure rigorous knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Participation in annual bonus plan and long-term incentive plan
- Company- paid Life Insurance for all salaried employees