Make a meaningful impact as a Bartender at Marta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Marta, located at The Redbury New York hotel in the growing neighborhood north of Madison Square Park, is a lively Italian restaurant from Chef Lena Ciardullo. Inspired by the rustic tradition of Roman pizzerie, local haunts that churn out thin, crackly-crusted pizzas, Marta features an energetic open kitchen with two wood-burning ovens and an open-fire grill taking center stage. The kitchen creates fresh takes on classic pizza standbys as well as original inventions showcasing seasonal and local ingredients. The wine list hangs its hat on Champagne and a deep focus on Italian wine, along with exciting beer and a lively cocktail menu. Marta exudes warmth and communal energy and serves as a central gathering place for its community.
Marta is a quick, exciting restaurant with many opportunities to learn and grow. Professionals in this role will need to demonstrate a deep knowledge of wine, spirits and beer, along with a thorough knowledge of food, ingredients and dish preparations on our menu. Successful candidates require excellent communication skills and a pleasant friendly attitude toward their colleagues and guests. Ideal applicants are professional with a sense of humor and a strong passion for hospitality.
The ideal bartender candidate has a genuine passion for hospitality. They must be energetic and comfortable in a fast-paced environment with a determination to provide guests with a memorable experience. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to learn and grow, while working alongside other passionate beverage professionals. Our bartenders are responsible for selling, preparing, and serving a wide variety of cocktails, wine and beer
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Maintain an understanding of the proper steps of service. Consistently execute them with efficiency and grace while multitasking and maintaining a sense of urgency throughout service
- Anticipate guest needs and create strong guest relationships. Guest recognition is critical to success.
- Create a warm, fun and exciting environment for bar guests to enjoy.
- Stay up to date on all beverage and food menu changes
- Demonstrate knowledge of all signature cocktails (ingredients, spec, build)
- Demonstrate working knowledge of 30 core classics set forth by Beverage Director
- Act as part of the team to maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout all areas of the bar both before, during and after service
- Maintain a good working relationship with others by promoting teamwork and fostering a harmonious working atmosphere
Candidates must have a flexible schedule. Marta is open for lunch and dinner service, 7 days a week.