The Manager of Product Development is responsible for implementing the development process to resolve issues and identify opportunity areas. This role will lead product development teams and establish and implement best practices and standards related to engineering processes through all phases of the software development life cycle.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Provides guidance and review on product design.
· Ensures that functional engineering domain expertise is deployed and integrated in an efficient and effective manner to meet project requirements and deliverables across all locations.
· Provides leadership, vision and strategy to ensure that the daily operations of the development teams align with the present and long-term goals of the business.
· Develops/enhances architectural design frameworks to ensure high quality information systems are delivered expeditiously and aligned with business objectives.
· Guides in setting up a Cloud based infrastructure, with associated security setup
· Manages the infra for Data Hub
· Managing cloud based operations and control dashboards for analysis
· Manages technically focused scrum teams potentially across multiple locations.
· Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field required.
· Master’s Degree preferred
· At least 5 years of software development experience including substantial and complex whole life cycle software development management experience.
· 1+ years’ experience in leading scrum teams, preferred.
· 3+ years’ experience in software product development or software product management.
· Experience leading technology direction preferred.
· Strategic thinker and proven leader/team player with incredibly strong communication and collaboration skills
· Passionate, customer-champion with proven success in producing innovative products, services and supporting processes directly focused on improvement of bottom line results
· Proven skill in understanding market and technology trends, and customer needs and developing product strategy and aligning product plans built directly from customer input
· Experience in building solid business plans which include appropriate ROI and related business analysis and justification. Must be proficient in delivering and selling that vision through all levels of management within the organization.
· Ability to determine clear prioritization and appropriate trade-offs regarding product roadmap candidates as well as resourcing and timing
· Ability to directly and successfully lead, mentor and develop a talented team of high-performing individuals in a fast-paced environment
· Proficient in MS Office applications; VersionOne, TFS, Jira experience a plus
· Proficient in AWS cloud infrastructure setup with the required security handling.
· Well versed in setting up and managing AWS services of for storage, logging and analysis of data
· Managed operations console setup in AWS
Knowledge of SCRUM and Agile principles a plus