At Octo, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We are a premier provider of digital solutions and services to the federal government specifically in the areas of UI/UX, Agile, Data, and Cloud services. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
Octo is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team!
Responsibilities broadly include:
Oversees one or more software development teams and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project. Designs or implements complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints.
Perform quality control on team products. Confers with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
Coordinates software system installation and monitors equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met. Implements recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
· Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing- intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
· Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
· Designs, implements, and integrates software applications or performs software eng. tasks
· Utilizes software engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development, integration, and production environment
· Ensures efficient delivery of software engineering capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes
· Mitigates risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated software projects
· Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
-Active TS/SCI clearance
- 6+ years of experience as a Software Developer
-Possess a Bachelor's Degree in an IT related field or have four additional years of relevant Software Engineer or related technical experience as a substitute for the for the Bachelor's Degree.
-Thorough understanding of standard web service protocols (such as SOAP, REST, and OGC).
Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only
Per contract clearance requirements, US citizenship is mandatory
Relocation will not be offered
Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment
Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation