Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo Consulting Group is seeking a Senior Engineer to join our growing team.
GVS provides applications to visualize GEOINT, as well as additional utilities and technologies that aid in visualization. The GVS Enterprise is deployed across NIPRNet, SIPRNet, and JWICS domains. GVS uses Google Earth, Esri ArcGIS, and Open Geo streaming technology to host both 3D globes and 2D basemaps and overlays.
Primary job duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
* Experience interfacing with GIS Systems and Tools such as ArcGIS, OGC Services, KML or Web Mapping Libraries such as OpenLayers and Cesium
* Experience working on an Agile Software Development Team with complete understanding of the Agile principles and real world application of those principles
* Experience writing Unit Tests for developed software. Additional experience with automated testing using tools such as Karma, Grunt and Jenkins is preferred.
* An independent worker that will complete tasks with minimal supervision and guidance. Ideally they will go beyond the minimum requirements of a task to identify areas for improvement.
* 4+ yrs experience building back end Java web based applications through the use of JSP, Struts or similar technologies
* Familiar with deploying software to enterprise application containers such as JBoss
* Working knowledge and experience integrating with database systems such as MySQL, and PostgreSQL/PostGIS via hibernate
* Familiar with writing client applications in Java that interact with SOAP or REST based services
* Experience writing Unit Tests for developed software using tools such as JUnit, Selenium and Jenkins is preferred.
* Familiar with virtualization technologies with an emphasis on cloud environments such as AWS or C2S and experience leveraging deployment automation technologies such as Chef
* Proficient with the Linux operating system, Red Hat preferred (able to navigate the environment and develop automation scripts)
* Familiarity with GeoRSS/GeoJSON/GML/KML/XML are a plus
Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 9 years’ experience OR Master’s Degree with a minimum of 7 years’ experience
Active TS SCI is Required
Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% o the time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area
The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
At Octo, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We are a premier provider of digital solutions and services to the federal government specifically in the areas of UI/UX, Agile, Data, and Cloud services. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
· Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only.
· Per contract clearance requirements, US citizenship is mandatory.
· Relocation will not be offered.
· Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment.
· Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation.