Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work with some of the smartest and most accomplished people you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits, and it’s an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo is currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst to join a growing team on an exciting and highly visible Operations & Maintenance project for a DoD customer.
• Provides day-to-day coverage, data analysis, requirements development, and tracking/reporting resources for enterprise finance web applications; creates and updates RTM
• Delivers, standardizes, and provides specialized training for enterprise finance web applications targeted towards functional, technical, and ad hoc audiences.
• Document user requirements, develop test plans, understand application interfaces, and design customer acceptance criteria.
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written, are necessary to liaison between stakeholders throughout systems enterprise finance web application projects and support processes afterwards.
• Problem solving to translate and balance user requirements and software functionality, time management, adherence to a project timelines, user requirements gathering and business process design related to system change requests, coordinating issue resolutions through direct interaction with clients and application developers, ability to perform independently within a team-based environment, and an understanding of project management principles pertaining to the development and execution of project plans.
• Ability to multi-task assignments to incorporate resolve enterprise finance web applications issues including testing production fixes.
• Good interpersonal and critical thinking skills with the ability to influence others. They should be flexible as work priorities may shift due to emerging tasks.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required. A background in working in a regulatory environment including an understanding of software quality assurance is preferred.
• Provide business support and maintenance recommending IT solutions in a financial software applications environments.
• Define and document new business requirements, needs, and processes.
• Assist in the testing, configuration, administration, validation, and training solutions.
• Provides second-level support and troubleshooting for system challenges and problems.
This is a full-time position with an excellent benefits and compensation package.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related field with minimum 5 years’ experience in a Business Systems Analyst or similar capacity in a mid- to large-size software applications environment.
• Strong communication and organization skills.
• Strong capabilities in multi-tasking and work prioritization.
• Willing and able to focus on new solution development.
• Familiar with System Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Active DoD Secret security clearance.
• 2 years of experience within a software development environment
• Familiar with build tools including Ant and Maven.
• Familiar with CM tools including SVN and Git.
• Familiar with source code control tools.
• Experience supporting finance or business applications
• Must be able to manage projects and understand user requirements to complete given projects.
• MS Windows, SQL Server, Project Management skills
• Ability to understand complex technical projects, and translate them into simple business terms for training purposes.
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
• Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment.
Location: Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, OH
At Octo, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We are a premier provider of digital solutions and services to the federal government specifically in the areas of UI/UX, Agile, Data, and Cloud services. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only
We are unable to sponsor H1B applicants for this role
Relocation will not be offered
Octo Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Octo Consulting Group’s commitment to diversity and inclusive selection practices includes ensuring qualified long-term unemployed job seekers receive equal consideration for employment
Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation